Bahamian Relief Effort
Helping Our Neighbors
More than 13,000 houses are believed to have been damaged or destroyed. That’s equivalent to about 45 percent of all dwellings on the two islands in The Bahamas that were impacted most by Hurricane Dorian. Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices EWM Realty has partnered with the American Red Cross to provide much needed funds to support disaster relief in the affected areas.
Give Money, Not Things.
You may have extra clothes and supplies, or want to hold a bottled water drive, but donate your money, rather than your items, to relief organizations. The organizations that most deserve your donations at this time are those that are in a position to help on the ground. The American Red Cross is almost always the first on the scene, because they pre-position teams of volunteers as well as supplies to already be in the location where the disaster strikes.
Where Your Money Goes.
An average of 90 cents of every dollar the American Red Cross spends is invested in delivering care and comfort to those in need. Everything we do depends on the needs of the people that the American Red Cross serves.
About The American Red Cross.
- Did you know that there is a Red Cross, Red Crescent or equivalent society working to alleviate human suffering in nearly 200 countries around the world?
- Every 8 minutes, the Red Cross responds to a disaster in the community.
- The American Red Cross responds to an average of nearly 64,000 disasters every year.
- Nearly 5.9 million people a year receive Red Cross training and information in first aid, water safety and other skills that help save lives.
- Each year, the American Red Cross helps reconnect, on average, more than 6,400 families separated by war and disaster around the world.
- After a disaster, the American Red Cross focuses on providing safe shelter, food, emergency relief supplies, emotional support, health services and recovery assistance.
- The American Red Cross has trained more than 41,000 Red Cross disaster response volunteers to serve people under a variety of challenging conditions